- PIL in SC seeks directions to Centre and States to consider reasonable demands of farmers
- ISL 2023-24: Bengaluru FC push for playoffs against Hyderabad FC in Sunil Chhetri's 150th outing
- Creditors face haircut of 68% on admitted claims under IBC
- Shri Ramcharitmanas row: SC grants 2 weeks to UP government to file its reply on Swami Prasad Maurya's plea
- PVL Season 3: Calicut Heroes blaze through Delhi Toofans to get dominant win
- NewsClick row: Court grants Delhi Police 20 more days to file charge sheet in UAPA case
- Swaad of South Unveils Newest Outlet in Madhapur, Offering a Fusion of Tradition and Innovation in South Indian Vegetarian Cuisine
- This universal story about the tragic isolation of old age will move and stir Kannada and Telugu audiences: Deepak Qazir Kejriwal
- NIT Calicut and Vehant Technologies Signs MoU to Co-Teach Students and Jointly Work on AI/ML Projects
- List of Environmentally-Friendly Products Spearheading Green Movement for a Healthier Planet
Kshanam gave me confidence to experiment: Satyam Rajesh
Actor Satyam Rajesh, who has mostly played comic roles in his decade-long career, stunned everybody when he donned khaki and played a no-nonsense character in the recently-released suspense drama \'Kshanam\'.
Actor Satyam Rajesh, who has mostly played comic roles in his decade-long career, stunned everybody when he donned khaki and played a no-nonsense character in the recently-released suspense drama 'Kshanam'.
“I’ve worked in about 350 films. Never did I imagine I could play such a character. In fact, nobody believed that I was capable of playing such a serious role. ‘Kshanam’ has changed all that for me and has given me the confidence to experiment,” Rajesh said.
When he was approached for the project, he assumed he was expected to play the hero’s friend. “When Sesh (writer) told me I have to play a cop, I wasn’t sure if he was serious, because I was mentally prepared to play the hero’s friend. But when I heard the story, I was so thrilled,” he said, adding that the makers had originally planned to approach actor Sampath Raj for the same role.
Since the release of 'Kshanam', Rajesh has been inundated with appreciation calls. “People who called me were surprised that I could play such a character. Some of them liked my performance so much that they told me the industry has finally found another talented character artiste,” he said, and added that a very popular producer has offered him villain’s role.