- Calcutta High Court puts stay on defamation suit against Suvendu Adhikari
- Supreme Court adjourns hearing on CBI's plea against interim bail granted to former ICICI bank chief Chanda Kochhar
- Naveen Patnaik inaugurates India’s largest Sports Science Centre in Kalinga Stadium
- Beyond the classroom: Exploring VR in education technology
- YSRCP Gearing up for early elections. Changes party in-charges
- AQI at an all-time high, but it is even worse inside your homes; Act now!
- Kodagu Police Swings dragnet
- Flipkart Year End Sale 2023: 5 Best TVs to buy under Rs 40,000
- Crackdown on Illicit Medical Practices
- Egg on the face of Muncipality
Popular Malayalam actor Kalabhavan Mani passes away
Popular Malayalam actor Kalabhavan Mani passed away at a private hospital here on Sunday, said his family. He was 45.
Kochi: Popular Malayalam actor Kalabhavan Mani passed away at a private hospital here on Sunday, said his family. He was 45.
Unwell for a while, Mani was hospitalised for the past two days.
In a career spanning close to a quarter century, Mani has acted in around 200 films and of late, was seen more often in Tamil films.
Beginning his career as a mimicry artiste, he went on to play serious and even villain roles and was a popular singer too, especially of ballads.
For his brilliant portrayal as a blind man in the film "Vasantiyum Lakshmiyum Pinne Njanum", he won the special jury award at the national and the state level.