- Wrestlers sexual harassment case: Delhi court grants time to prosecution to file written arguments, allows one-day exemption from appearance to ex-WFI chief
- Defence minister unveils crest of stealth guided missile destroyer ‘Imphal’
- PM Modi's popularity is waning, Karnataka govt’s performance impacting Telangana polls: Siddaramaiah
- Israeli hostages: A tale of separation and reunion
- Sonia urges people of Telangana to vote for Congress, says people have given respect by calling her 'Amma'
- Khelo India Para Games will help create a larger talent pool for major international events, says Para badminton star Pramod Bhagat
- HC seeks Centre, Delhi govt's stand on PIL against gender-specific eligibility for B.Sc (Hons) nursing course
- BRICS CCI WE announces Global Women Leadership Programme to empower women professionals and entrepreneurs
- Combined power of cricket and golf: Kapil Dev-Grant Thornton Invitational 2023 hits the fairways
- Karnataka’s Manish earns first ATP points at ITF Kalaburagi Open
Big B releases statement against claims of tax evasion
Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan has recently issued another statement to clarify his stand regarding allegations of tax evasion.The 73-year-old actor\'s statement read, \"I wish to state that the article carried in the DNA dated April 8, 2016 with regards to me, is a matter that has been under investigation for the past 6-7 years by the Income Tax and Enforcement Departments. I have diligently
Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan has recently issued another statement to clarify his stand regarding allegations of tax evasion.The 73-year-old actor's statement read, "I wish to state that the article carried in the DNA dated April 8, 2016 with regards to me, is a matter that has been under investigation for the past 6-7 years by the Income Tax and Enforcement Departments. I have diligently responded to all the queries and notices sent by them. I am, a law-abiding citizen of the country."
"I wish to reiterate, that on the Panama Papers reportage in the Indian Express, I have not been a director on the Board of the 4 Companies as mentioned in an earlier report. I am happy that the GOI has instituted a thorough investigation on this issue, for, I myself am keen to know how my name appears in connection with those 4 Companies," the statement added.
Big B concluded his statement by saying, "I have been reading demands for my removal from the Brand Ambassadorship of the Maharashtra Tiger Preservation campaign. This is the prerogative of the Government of Maharashtra, which I shall humbly respect. Nonetheless, I wish to state that whatever the decision, I shall continue to work towards the social causes that I am associated with - Tiger Preservation, Polio, Swachh Bharat, TB, Hepatitis B, Diabetes, Family Planning - in my individual personal capacity."