- TDP will regain glory in Telangana: Chandrababu Naidu
- Modi thanks US Speaker for inviting him to address joint meeting of Congress
- Haryana farmers protesting on NH 44 over sunflower seeds procurement baton-charged
- CM Kejriwal approves 24x7 operations for 155 shops and commercial establishments in Delhi
- Environment Excellence Award for 2023
- Homeopathy to be 2nd largest healthcare system in India, says Dr Mukesh Batra
- Tamil Nadu CM MK Stalin launches 500 Urban Health Centres
- How police scripted Amruta Fadnavis' 'help offer' to nab fugitive bookie
- ACP Mirchowk Damoder Reddy conducted a counselling session with rowdy sheeters in Purani Haveli
- Silk sarees to be presented to 26 temples during Bonalu festival: Minister
Hyderabad: Principal booked under Nirbhaya Act
Principal Booked Under Nirbhaya Act, Stringent Nirbhaya Act. According to sources T Yogeswar Rao, correspondent cum secretary of Vikasa Bharati School at Dr Zakir Hussain Colony.
Saidabad Police on Monday registered a case under stringent Nirbhaya Act, against the principal of a private school, for allegedly molesting a 9th class student.
According to sources T Yogeswar Rao, correspondent cum secretary of Vikasa Bharati School at Dr Zakir Hussain Colony, called the girl into his room on the pretext of inquiring about her academic performance on Saturday. He allegedly misbehaved and tried to molest her.
The girl, who is a resident of Baqar Bagh, Saidabad, raised a hue and cry and managed to escape from the clutches of the principal. She informed the matter to her parents, upon which a complaint was filed with the Saidabad Police. The girl also narrated that for the past two months, she was being sexually harassed by the school principal.
The relatives and locals also staged a protest in front of the school demanding the arrest of the culprit. The girl was sent to medical examination.
"We have registered a case against the school principal and have taken up investigation" said A Srinivas, inspector, Saidabad.