Top

KITS students learn about generating power through ionisation

KITS students learn about generating power through ionisation
Highlights

KITS students learn about generating power through ionisation. The Research & Development Cell of Kakatiya Institute of Technology & Science,...

The Research & Development Cell of Kakatiya Institute of Technology & Science, Warangal, (KITSW) organised a two-day workshop on “Beneficial Applications of Ionizing Radiation” during last week in association with Indira Gandhi Center for Atomic Research (IGCAR), Tamil Nadu.

The chief guest N Raghu, Scientific officer at IGCAR, in his address speech, said that ionisation reactions should be used for power generation. “The growth of nation depends on power generation. Electricity is as essential as air, water, food and shelter. At present 3 per cent of power is generated from nuclear reactor, 0.01 per cent from solar energy and 22 per cent from hydropower in India.
Solar energy is expensive because only 33 per cent (output) of solar radiation is used for power generation and the remaining 67 per cent remains unused,” he informed.
Speaking about the main aim of conducting workshops, Prof. Ch S R S Sastry, convenor of the programme, said, “The workshop will encourage the young faculty members from all the engineering departments to carry out research work”.
-K Rashmika Reddy, KITS, Warangal
Show Full Article
Print Article

Download The Hans India Android App or iOS App for the Latest update on your phone.
Subscribed Failed...
Subscribed Successfully...
Next Story
More Stories