Exam stress? – Diet you must follow to stay active!!
Exam stress? Diet to stay active. Come March and the heat is on; not only with the weather but also that stress reckoning with exam preparations – children, teenagers and graduates; all face the wrath of anxiety in that rush with the academics.
Come March and the heat is on; not only with the weather but also that stress reckoning with exam preparations – children, teenagers and graduates; all face the wrath of anxiety in that rush with the academics.
While it is crucial to focus on the subjects in hand, it is also equally important to maintain a healthy diet while studying hard. Research shows that following an active diet regimen helps keep both the mind and body vigilant.
Here are some tips for a healthy diet that one can follow while beating stress
1. Heavy breakfast – This is indeed the time to breakfast like a king. A heavy breakfast can gear up your body to stay fit throughout the day. Cereals, egg, sandwiches, Parathas, Idlietc can be opted as part of the breakfast regimen.
2. Avoid oily foods – Nothing dangerous than those clumsy foods dipped in oil. Try and avoid eating foods like fries, chips, sweets and foods that are bound to have oil. Oily foods not only make you dull, but are also unhealthy and viable to cause sickness in summer.
3. Juices – Power up your day with real fruit and vegetable juices. A perfect way to boost energy and increase blood circulation, juices also keep the body fit and alert. Prefer fresh juices over the canned ones.
4. Fibre diet – a healthy diet containing fibre helps you to feel good while studying. Fibre diet is light and effective. Digestive biscuits can also be included as in between bites while prepping. The market is now flooded with options from bran to oat.
5. Fruit – Perhaps time tested and the best, fruit come in handy while there is absolutely no space to plan diet regimen. Including fruit platter as part of your meal helps sort your energy levels for the exams.
6. Goodbye, junk food! – Doing away completely with junk food really helps you enter into a healthier and challenging zone; more so with exams around. Stop binging on those Potato chips, Soft drinks and Chaat; you are causing harm instead of good in the process of calling it a stress eating.
This apart, keeping mind positive and staying alert are very important for the exam preparations. Go ahead and score!!