Looking beyond the classroom learning!
Looking Beyond The Classroom Learning. It\'s not that only trainers should go to the students, also students should come out of those four walls and explore the learning opportunities they have.
It's not that only trainers should go to the students, also students should come out of those four walls and explore the learning opportunities they have. Education need not end with the examinations.
The issues/problems that current generation students face:
- Students develop hatred for classrooms and books.
- Spending whole time to get good marks but not the skill.
- No emphasis given for reading, and writing skills.
- Making a habit of copy paste – be it class work, project or internship.
- Less encouragement to improve communication & other soft skills.
- The big hopes of back door job or making them dependant.
- Reflecting business reading habit does not exist.
With all the above challenges, they finally end up with no skills but look for a job.
Now-a-days some students often seek a gap year because they feel burned out and they want meaningful learning, adventure, and to make a difference.
Here are the few tips for the students, institutes and teachers to overcome such challenges.
- Management should provide the library, lab, competent staff, and other resources as per the standards.
- Teachers should not curb students from raising questions. They must try to make students come forward with questions.
- Switch the mindset of students from a passive mode of thinking to an active mode – strive to bring can do attitude.
- Should provide freedom to express, fail, correct and re-learn.
- Recognise, and encourage new ideas and guide them to work on those ideas.
- Should act as a facilitator and empower them to excel in the field they have opted.
- Take the students and staff for industrials visits to know the industry best practices.
- Do not restrict them to do projects/internships within the college premise. Let them reach to the industries and get the real time exposure.
- Attend workshops/seminar in their city or nearby towns to know industry latest trends.
- Understand the importance of doing internships in real time environment rather than doing it just for the sake of academics.
- Identify your passion and find the ways to pursue it as your fulltime career.
- Leverage the power of social media for your career growth.
- Do not become another me too or copy cat, otherwise you will become dependent throughout your life.
- Inculcate the habit of self learning and remain self motivated is the key engine to your growth.
The writer is the CEO and founder of Passion4career, an organisation that trains students to make them employable. For queries call 8099453869