- Wrestlers sexual harassment case: Delhi court grants time to prosecution to file written arguments, allows one-day exemption from appearance to ex-WFI chief
- Defence minister unveils crest of stealth guided missile destroyer ‘Imphal’
- PM Modi's popularity is waning, Karnataka govt’s performance impacting Telangana polls: Siddaramaiah
- Israeli hostages: A tale of separation and reunion
- Sonia urges people of Telangana to vote for Congress, says people have given respect by calling her 'Amma'
- Khelo India Para Games will help create a larger talent pool for major international events, says Para badminton star Pramod Bhagat
- HC seeks Centre, Delhi govt's stand on PIL against gender-specific eligibility for B.Sc (Hons) nursing course
- BRICS CCI WE announces Global Women Leadership Programme to empower women professionals and entrepreneurs
- Combined power of cricket and golf: Kapil Dev-Grant Thornton Invitational 2023 hits the fairways
- Karnataka’s Manish earns first ATP points at ITF Kalaburagi Open
Internshala launches India's best startup internships
Internshala, the internships and training platform, has launched an initiative titled Indias Best Startup Internships to help startups build their teams and students land exciting startup internships As per CBInsight, 23 per cent of startups fail because of the wrong team
New Delhi: Internshala, the internships and training platform, has launched an initiative titled 'India's Best Startup Internships’ to help startups build their teams and students land exciting startup internships. As per CBInsight, 23 per cent of startups fail because of the wrong team. Through India's Best Startup Internships (IBSI), the platform aims to highlight the role internships can play in building a great team for startups. At the same time, around 30 million students who are enrolled in Indian colleges would benefit from work experience and skill building. Through IBSI, the students will get to work on innovative projects, gain real-time experience, and learn practical skills at startups which are changing the Indian business scenario.
Startups face varied problems while scaling up their businesses but one of the major problems which hampers their growth is lack of a strong team. Building exciting internship opportunities for students is a feasible solution for the startups to counter this. Interns bring 'out-of-the-box' ideas and a new perspective to the table. The hiring costs are considerably reduced when startups hire interns. On the other hand, for students, startup internships can be a great 'first-step' for their career as the amount of learning they acquire and responsibilities they shoulder in a small-sized business is immense.
Organisations like AICTE, AWS Activate, TiE chapters, Kerala Startup Mission, Startup Oasis, and IIMB-NSR Cell are working to help startups scale up in India and have spread the word about IBSI among the startup community. The popular startup media platforms, YourStory and TechStory, are the media outreach partners for the initiative. From a pool of 400 startup entries received for IBSI campaign, Internshala has selected the top 10 exciting startup internships. The selected startups include Myraa Technologies, ACSIA, Inc42 Media, SoCheers Infotech, Rockmetric, GST Edge, Shipsy, WoodFlake, ZoloStays, and Enfrosun Power. The students will get a chance to apply to varied profiles including Smart Metering, Machine Learning, Entrepreneurship, AI Solution Engineering, and Autonomous Driving Software Development.
On the launch of the campaign, Sarvesh Agrawal, the founder and CEO of Internshala, said, "When I started up 7 years back, my biggest concern was building a strong team. In the initial 2 years, I focused on hiring only interns and they came up with some brilliant solutions and handled different business verticals. India's Best Startup Internships is a campaign which will not only help startups build great teams but for students to land meaningful opportunities with startups which are making a difference.”
He added, “The innovative work which is happening in the Indian startup community is impressive. This is also a great opportunity for students to explore a career with startups where they can handle responsibilities, head projects, build great products, and learn hands-down practical skills early on."