- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
PCC, nominated posts' list in Sonia hands
The Congress has finalised the list of names for the APCC Executive and other posts, besides nomination of chairmen of corporations and state-owned...
The Congress has finalised the list of names for the APCC Executive and other posts, besides nomination of chairmen of corporations and state-owned boards. The list, jointly finalised by Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and APCC President Botcha Satyanarayana in the presence of AICC General Secretary in-charge of Andhra Pradesh Ghulam Nabi Azad, has been submitted to Congress President Sonia Gandhi and her nod is awaited.
Ghulam Nabi on Friday evening called on Sonia Gandhi and is understood to have handed in the list of names for APCC Executive and the nominated posts of chairmen and corporations and state-owned boards. After receiving the nod of Sonia Gandhi, it is likely to be announced. Ahead of Azad's meeting with Sonia Gandhi, Kiran Reddy yet again met him.
Azad's meeting with Sonia Gandhi assumes significance in the backdrop of the marathon meetings that he held with Kiran Reddy spread over two sessions on Thursday. While in the first round, Kiran Reddy had a one-on-one meeting with Azad, in the next round Kiran Reddy was joined by the APCC President.
Earlier in the day on Friday, Kiran Kumar called on Sonia Gandhi and briefed her on the political situation in Andhra Pradesh. On the issue of tainted ministers, the Chief Minister is understood to have argued against en masse action, which may have an adverse impact on the State Government. At the most, the government can right away act against the ministers, who have been charge-sheeted and are on a sticky wicket. The Congress High Command seems to be lobbing the ball back into the CM's court, saying it was for Kiran Kumar to take a call on the issue.
On the APCC reorganisation and the nominated posts being filled up, the expectation is that the Congress cadres would be enthused, with just a year to go for the simultaneous polls for Assembly and Parliament in 2014.
The meeting between Ghulam Nabi Azad, Kiran Kumar and Botcha on Thursday went on from 7 pm into the wee hours of Friday. It was at that meeting that the exhaustive lists of both the APCC Executive and chairmen of corporations and boards was jointly prepared and forwarded to Sonia Gandhi for her approval. The party broadly felt that unless cadres are suitably rewarded, they would not be enthused to work for the success of the party.