- Producer duo - Sanjay Saha & Raadhika Nanda makes an impact with their debut film 'Haddi'!
- Microsoft Surface Event: All that we expect from Microsoft
- People being misled in name of caste, religion so that they don't ask basic questions: Priyanka at Chhattisgarh rally
- Bharatanatyam exponent Saroja Vaidyanathan dies from cancer at 86
- Indrani Davaluri from Hyderabad mesmerises with Bharathanatyam performance at New York Fashion Week
- Markets decline for 3rd day on weak global cues; ICICI bank slumps 2.81 pc
- Here's how Bajaj Finserv Mutual Fund uses behavioural finance in its investment philosophy Pune, Maharashtra, India
- Cutting across party lines, Rajya Sabha MPs support women's reservation bill
- BLS International shares decline over 2 pc
- Sebi issues guidelines for handling complaints received via SCORES platform
Railway minister likely to announce 100 new trains in Budget
Railways is planning to introduce about 100 trains, including AC double deckers, new passenger services and extension of services to cater to the...
Railways is planning to introduce about 100 trains, including AC double deckers, new passenger services and extension of services to cater to the demands of various states in the Rail Budget 2013-14. As far as rolling stock programme is concerned, the announcement will be made for manufacturing of 4200 new coaches including 600 LHB coaches in the Rail Budget. While provision for manufacturing of 670 new locomotives including 20 LNG locos will be made, the budget will also account for manufacturing of about 16,000 new wagons. "The focus of the Rail Budget this year is on providing more amenities to passengers. Attempts have been made to cater to the demands of all regions including Northeast as there were representations for new trains from various states," sources in railway ministry said.