- Odisha Speaker suspends two BJP lawmakers who flung pulses in house
- Men’s ODI World Cup: New seats, rebranded restrooms at the forefront of upgrades in Arun Jaitley Stadium
- Study finds link between Covid-19 mutations and high immune responses
- Creatine supplements may help people with long Covid
- Delhi: 78th train departs for Ayodhya under Mukhyamantri Teerth Yatra scheme
- CDIL’s new packaging line in Mohali another push to India’s chip journey: MoS IT
- 2 BJP MLAs throw pulses at Odisha Speaker, suspended till end of session
- Asian Games: Indian men's football team bow out in pre-quarters after 0-2 loss to Saudi Arabia
- Lalu Prasad supports Manoj Jha over ‘Thakur’ poem controversy
- Ujjain minor girl rape case: Main accused arrested; tries to flee
Won't desert Jagan, vows Konda couple
Jagan assures to resolve all their issues Putting an end to an intense speculation that they will quit the YSR Congress Party, the Konda couple...
Jagan assures to resolve all their issues
Putting an end to an intense speculation that they will quit the YSR Congress Party, the Konda couple clarified here on Tuesday that they would stay on in the party, and would strive to make Jaganmohan Reddy the Chief Minister.
Konda Surekha and her husband Murali called on Jagan at Chanchalguda jail. They discussed with him the party affairs in their Warangal district, and reiterated their commitment to the party. They spent over an hour with their leader.
Speaking to newsmen later, Surekha said Jagan enquired about the problems they faced in the district and assured to resolve them. She clarified that they would continue to serve the party. She denied the rumours they were contemplating to quit the party over erosion of their importance both in the eyes of the leadership and in the district as well.
Admitting that they had not been actively taking part in the party programmes and also stayed away from the dharnas organised by the party in Telangana, she said it was due to differences with some party leaders. After meeting their leader who allayed their apprehensions, they had decided to once again actively participate in the party programmes in her district as well as in the region.