- National Boyfriend's Day 2023: Wishes, Greetings and Quotes to Make Him Feel Loved!
- Jitiya Vrat 2023: Known Date, Auspicious Moments and Significance
- Fresh furore as 8, including 2 infants, perish in Maharashtra govt hospital in Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar
- Mayawati demands caste census in UP ‘without delay’
- Swiggy disburses over Rs 450 cr in loans to 8K restaurant owners
- People return to Bengaluru from long weekend: full traffic jam in the city
- RSS man heading Congress in Telangana: KTR
- ‘Jitni abadi, utna haq’: It will eventually culminate into majoritarianism, says Singhvi
- Following are foreign exchange rates on october-03-2023
- Asian Games: Atanu, Dhiraj lose in shoot-offs in recurve archery quarterfinals
Mamata talks about third front with Nitish, Naveen
Even as reports emerge of a possible split between the JD (U) and the BJP, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who had called for a federal...
Even as reports emerge of a possible split between the JD (U) and the BJP, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who had called for a federal front, spoke to her Bihar and Odisha counterparts on the issue. "I spoke to Nitish Kumar. Nitishji is in agreement that it would be good if we come together and form a federal front. We will all talk (with regional parties) in different states," Ms. Banerjee said after a meeting with JD(U) general secretary K C Tyagi in her official chamber. "And, Tyagiji has come to talk to me on the subject," she said. "I also spoke to Naveen Patnaik (Odisha Chief Minister) on the issue over phone today. When we talk again we will decide the venue where we will meet," Ms. Banerjee, the Trinamool Congress supremo, said "We are happy. And, you know some days ago Babulal Marandi (JVM-P chief) came from Jharkhand to talk on this. Two or three other leaders came and talked with us," she said. Good response Ms. Banerjee said, "Since my call for a federal front through a Facebook post some days ago, many are talking with us. "We will talk on strengthening of the federal structure," the West Bengal Chief Minister said. She said her Bihar counterpart agreed that formation of a federal front would be good for the country as well as states. "Nitishji said 'we will be happy if we can do it with the objective of the common cause of the people'," she said. On his part, Mr. Tyagi said, "You have heard that she has talked with Naveen Patnaik and Babulal Marandi. We are going to have our party meeting within two or three days. We will respond after that. But we are still part of NDA." Stating that JD(U) had high regard for the Trinamool chief, he said, "Our leaders Sharad Yadav and Nitish Kumar have long association with Didi. Sharad Yadav had participated in a rally held by Didi at Jantar Mantar."