- Jaishankar wraps up New York leg of US visit, to travel to Washington between Sep 27-30
- RBI cancels licence of Kapol Cooperative Bank in Mumbai
- WII team inspects Alipiri footpath
- KCR advises people take safety measures during Ganesh idol immersion
- Chiefs of Indo-Pacific Armies agree on joint action plan to tackle challenges in region
- Chandrapur sarpanch receives Union Tourism Award
- 'Amit Shah assured that murderers will be punished', Manipur CM on students' killing
- Asian Games: Sift Kaur wins gold with world record as shooters make India's day; Vishnu Saravanan wins bronze in sailing
- DUTA polls record 85% voting, counting underway
- IT Department searches offices of Chinese electronic giant Lenovo in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram
NASA's Curiosity rover finds 'rat on Mars'
Is there rat on Mars? Apparently,A NASA's Mars Curiosity rover has capturedA a dusty orange rodent among the stones on the A surface of the Planet. ...
Is there rat on Mars? Apparently,A NASA's Mars Curiosity rover has capturedA a dusty orange rodent among the stones on the A surface of the Planet. The photo was taken on Sept. 28, 2012, depicts the "Rocknest" site, where NASA's rover took a scoopful of sand, tasted it, and determined it was full of weathered basaltic materials. According to Fox News, the "creature" was identified on the UFO Sightings Daily website, where its finder, ScottCWaring, is convinced that it's a cute rodent on Mars. "Note its lighter color upper and lower eyelids, its nose and cheek areas, its ear, its front leg and stomach. Looks similar to a squirrel camouflaged in the stones and sand by its colors," he wrote. However, considering the similarity in coloring and position, others pointed out that it was most likely just a rock.