Sonia, Manmohan laud Karnataka victory; PM says BJP ideology rejected
Elated after a huge victory in the Karnataka elections, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and CongressA President...
Elated after a huge victory in the Karnataka elections, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and CongressA President Sonia Gandhi hailed the party's showing saying, the result was a rejection of BJP's idealogy and suggested the same would be repeated in the Lok Sabha elections as well. The Prime Minister meanwhile praised the efforts of Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, A saying he took a "leading role" in the campaigning for the polls. "It is a clear result against the ideology of the BJP which has been ruling in the state of Karnataka," Singh said On the Lok Sabha elections, the Prime Minister said, "The people of the country know what is what and they will reject the BJP ideology as the result in Karnataka shows." Sonia Gandhi, too congratulated party workers and said, "I am very happy with the victory in Karnataka. It was a joint effort." Expressing confidence that Congress will get absolute majority in Karnataka, Finance Minister P Chidambaram promised that there will be a stable, progressive and hardworking government in the state for next five years. The Congress leader also ruled out early general elections, saying the UPA government has a lot of work to complete.
- Opposition has fooled minorities: PM Modi asks NDA lawmakers to win their trust
- 23-yr-old medical student commits suicide after being harassed by senior doctors
- Smriti Irani's close aid, campaigner shot dead in Amethi
- Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms Strike Tripura, Over 700 People Homeless
- Ganga's Faecal Coliform Level 3-12 Times Higher Than Limit: Green Court