- Tirupati: Aarogya Suraksha camps towards health for all begin
- Vijayawada: Underground tunnel fish exhibition inaugurated
- Vijayawada: VMC Commissioner inspects Info Park works
- Pavilion End at Trent Bridge renamed in honour of Stuart Broad
- Ashwin says 2023 World Cup could be his last for India
- Aman Raj bags second title of season with hard-fought win
- Inner Ring Road scam is a quid pro quo case: Minister
- AP Revenue services association state meeting today
- Indian men one win away from first-ever badminton team gold
- Petrol and diesel prices today in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 01 October, 2023
We rise or fall as one: Obama farewell speech
President Barack Obama has addressed the United States and the world for the final time as President, in an emotional speech that listed the landmark achievements of his Presidency and stressed unity as nation.
Obama gets emotional in farewell speech, thanks ‘best friend’ Michelle
Chicago: President Barack Obama has addressed the United States and the world for the final time as President, in an emotional speech that listed the landmark achievements of his Presidency and stressed unity as nation.
Capping his eight years in the White House, Obama returned on Tuesday to his adoptive hometown of Chicago to recast his "Yes we can" campaign credo as "Yes we did".
Obama called on the supporters to pick up the torch, fight for democracy and forge a new "social compact".
Obama wiped away tears as he paid tribute to his teenage daughters and to Michelle Obama, his “best friend,” at the emotional close of the address.
“Michelle LaVaughn Robinson, girl of the south side, for the past 25 years, you have not only been my wife and mother of my children, you have been my best friend,” Obama told the first lady, seated before him dressed all in black.
“You took on a role you didn’t ask for and made it your own with grace and grit and style and good humour,” he told her, at one point pulling out a handkerchief to dab away tears -- as the crowd of 18,000 cheered wildly.
“A new generation sets its sights higher because it has you as a role model. You’ve made me proud. You’ve made the country proud.”