- Sex-racket busted in Palghar
- Gold rates in Delhi today slashes, check the rates on 10 December, 2023
- Gold rate in Vijayawada today slashes, check the rates on 10 December, 2023
- Srivari laddu preparation as per Dittam: Potu workers
- Triumph & Disaster: Treat the two impostors just the same
- Nov 14 talks between Centre, NSCN-IM inconclusive but not deadlocked: Naga group
- Centre aims at effective rollout of welfare schemes, says Nirmala
- Tough road ahead for Congress govt in TS
- Investigating various milk varieties
- Hyderabad: Women overwhelmed with free bus travel
U.S. Senators McCain, Graham to support Tillerson nomination
Two senior Republican lawmakers said on Sunday they would vote to approve President Donald Trump\'s nominee for secretary of state, Rex Tillerson, despite their concerns over the former ExxonMobil chief\'s relationship with Russia\'s president.
Two senior Republican lawmakers said on Sunday they would vote to approve President Donald Trump's nominee for secretary of state, Rex Tillerson, despite their concerns over the former ExxonMobil chief's relationship with Russia's president.
"After careful consideration, and much discussion with Mr. Tillerson, we have decided to support his nomination to be secretary of state," Senators John McCain of Arizona and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina said in a statement.
"Though we still have concerns about his past dealings with the Russian government and (Russian) President Vladimir Putin, we believe that Mr. Tillerson can be an effective advocate for U.S. interests," said the two senators, veteran foreign policy experts.
The Republican-controlled Senate has so far confirmed two of Trump's nominees for cabinet posts but Tillerson, former chief executive officer at Exxon Mobil Corp, has faced criticism from several prominent Republicans because of his close relationships with Russian officials, including Putin.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said he was confident that all of Trump's cabinet nominees will be confirmed. Speaking on "Fox News Sunday," McConnell also said the Senate would confirm a Supreme Court justice nominee eventually picked by Trump.
The Senate Foreign Relations Committee is expected to vote on Tillerson's nomination on Monday, with a full Senate vote coming shortly after.