- PKL 10: Tamil Thalaivas face Dabang Delhi challenge; Gujarat Giants up against Bengaluru Bulls
- Finland showcases climate solutions at COP28
- State must side with the weaker population: CJI DY Chandrachud
- PIL filed against 75% reservation at BJP's behest: Tejashwi Yadav
- Days after Silkyara tunnel rescue op, U'khand CM calls on PM, discusses several projects
- India's energy requirement set to double by end of this decade: Mukesh Ambani
- No property tax for rural residential areas in Delhi: MCD Mayor
- Sharad Pawar’s pearls of political wisdom - 'NCP deserters are doomed'
- Western India Squash: National champion Anahat Singh given top seeding in women's singles, girls' U19 sections
- BJP damaged reputation of central agencies: Congress on arrest of ED official in TN
Haiti: 34 killed, 17 injured as bus runs into crowd
A bus plowed into people taking part in an early morning street festival in Haiti, killing at least 34 people and injuring 17, rescue officials said.
Port-Au-Prince: A bus plowed into people taking part in an early morning street festival in Haiti, killing at least 34 people and injuring 17, rescue officials said.
The accident occurred around 3 AM yesterday in the city of Gonaives when a passenger bus first hit two people at a bus stop and then continued into a crowd of people participating in a Rara festival, an Easter season Haitian musical celebration, said Josepth Faustin, civil defence coordinator for the Artibonito region.
Faustin said angry festival-goers then attacked the bus and tried to burn it before police rescued the passengers aboard. The bus driver fled and was being sought. Faustin said the cause of the accident was unclear.
The injured were being treated at a hospital in Gonaives, about 60 miles (100 kilometres) northwest of the capital.