- ‘Adipurush’ new trailer shows a spectacular exchange between Ram and Ravan
- Union Cabinet approves HUDA City Centre-Cyber City metro project in Gurgaon
- Now, Rajasthan government employees to get full pension after 25 yrs of service
- Make woman WFI chief, scrap FIRs against us: Wrestlers to Anurag Thakur
- Telangana: 150 pilgrims leaves to Jeddah from Hyderabad for Haj Yatra
- Rising cataract surgeries driving artificial lens market growth: Report
- Construction company involved in collapsed Bihar bridge also working on Gujarat projects
- WTC Final: Jadeja picked ahead of Ashwin as India win toss, elect to bowl first against Australia
- Nepal urges foreign investors to invest in tourism industry
- First batch of 630 pilgrims from Jammu and Kashmir leaves for Haj
After India, child-lifter rumours reach Mexico, mob set ablaze 2 men
Enraged villagers in a small town in central Mexico burnt alive two men whom they confused with alleged child abductors, local authorities said on Thursday
Enraged villagers in a small town in central Mexico burnt alive two men whom they confused with alleged child abductors, local authorities said on Thursday.
The men, 21 and 53, had been detained at the police station in the town of San Vicente Boqueron in the state of Puebla. A crowd pulled them from their cell, beat them and set them on fire on Wednesday, the state government said in a statement.
"Nearly 150 angered residents broke the door (...) taking out the two individuals," the statement said.
The state prosecutor's office discarded accusations the victims had committed any crime and said authorities had opened a homicide investigation of their deaths.
Images on social media showed the moment a furious crowd doused the men in gasoline and set them alight.
Local media quoted relatives of the men who said they were farm workers who had come to the town to buy supplies.
Mexico occasionally sees such killings. Rising criminal violence and growing frustration with ineffective police forces have been blamed for fuelling such attacks.