- Vijayawada: TDP legislators denounce Naidu’s arrest, take out rally
- PM Modi Expresses Gratitude As Historic Women's Reservation Bill Passes Parliament
- Two dead several injured in a collision of a lorry and tourist bus in Annamayya
- Rangareddy: Library at Barkas set to turn a new page
- AIADMK And BJP Hint At Reconciliation Amidst Alliance Uncertainty
- KTR: TS 2-BHK initiative unmatched by any State; lashes out at Oppn parties
- Kurnool: Siva Kumar to represent Sepak takraw team at Asian games
- AP assembly session: Assembly adjourned for tea break
- Petrol and diesel prices today in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 22 September, 2023
- Anantapur: Nara Chandrababu Naidu arrest shatters TDP camp
Gangula Kamalakar's effigy burnt
Ramagundam (Karimnagar): The TDP activists have burnt the effigy of MLA Gangula Kamalakar at the main Chowrastha at Godavarikhani in Karimnagar...
Ramagundam (Karimnagar): The TDP activists have burnt the effigy of MLA Gangula Kamalakar at the main Chowrastha at Godavarikhani in Karimnagar district on Tuesday resenting his leaving the party. It may be noted that Kamalakar had left TDP and joined TRS on Monday in the presence of K Chandrasekhar Rao.
The activists dressed the effigy with a saree before burning it. They said that Kamalakar had grown as a politician being in TDP. People would teach a fitting lesson to the defectors, they said. Gopu Ilaiah Yadav, TDP leader in Ramagundam and other local leaders participated in the protest.
Gangula's act condemned Karimnagar: The District TDP leader Chintakunta Vijaya Ramana Rao flayed MLA Gangula Kamalakar's act in leaving the party and joining TRS. (In this connection, it may be noted that Kamalakar resigned from TDP and joined TRS on Monday). The TDP leader, addressing a press conference in the town on Tuesday, said that Kamalakar was elevated to the post of an MLA due to support from the TDP leadership.
The TDP, during the `All party meet held in New Delhi, made its stand clear on Telangana issue. The party supported the separate Telangana demand. However, Kamalakar left the party and joined TRS only for his political gain, Ramana Rao said. "The people will teach a lesson to Kamalakar during the general elections 2014,'' Ramana Rao said. He also condemned the attitude of TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao for encouraging the defections.