- PIL in SC seeks directions to Centre and States to consider reasonable demands of farmers
- ISL 2023-24: Bengaluru FC push for playoffs against Hyderabad FC in Sunil Chhetri's 150th outing
- Creditors face haircut of 68% on admitted claims under IBC
- Shri Ramcharitmanas row: SC grants 2 weeks to UP government to file its reply on Swami Prasad Maurya's plea
- PVL Season 3: Calicut Heroes blaze through Delhi Toofans to get dominant win
- NewsClick row: Court grants Delhi Police 20 more days to file charge sheet in UAPA case
- Swaad of South Unveils Newest Outlet in Madhapur, Offering a Fusion of Tradition and Innovation in South Indian Vegetarian Cuisine
- This universal story about the tragic isolation of old age will move and stir Kannada and Telugu audiences: Deepak Qazir Kejriwal
- NIT Calicut and Vehant Technologies Signs MoU to Co-Teach Students and Jointly Work on AI/ML Projects
- List of Environmentally-Friendly Products Spearheading Green Movement for a Healthier Planet
Karimnagar dist gets E-governance award
Karimnagar: In the districts category, Karimnagar gets Rs 10 lakhs worth Platinum Award for the implementation of E-governance. District Collector...
Karimnagar: In the districts category, Karimnagar gets Rs 10 lakhs worth Platinum Award for the implementation of E-governance. District Collector Smitha Sabharwal received a communication to this effect from Information Technology and Communications Department Director T Partha Sarathy on Monday.
Similarly, in projects category, the `Maarpu' scheme launched by the Collector Smitha Sabharwal in the district received Rs 5 lakh worth Gold Award. A ``The district stands on the top in the State in carrying information to the people with regard to various welfare schemes launched by the State and Central Governments. The E-governance being implemented by the district was successfully passing information to the beneficiaries,'' the communication said.
The modern technological procedures followed by the district administration also helped in monitoring the progress of various works and they also helped in maintaining transparency in selecting the beneficiaries, selecting works and in carrying them. A The district administration was appreciated for its efforts in providing basic amenities at social welfare hostels, Kasturba Girls Schools and in other categories of hostels in the district.
The Collector's efforts were applauded by the State Government for implementing `Amma Laalana' programme for the benefit of pregnant and lactating women. Under the programme, special wards were provided at Government Hospitals to provide facilities to pregnant women and lactating mothers.
The district officials are also implementing computer programmes to monitor the attendance of students and teachers at Government schools in the district.A The District Collector Smitha Sabharwal would receive the awards from Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy at a programme to be held in Hyderabad and the date of the programme would be intimated later.