- Mallampally as new mandal
- The list of LS ticket prospects becomes longer in Kerala
- Sitharaman credits Narasimha Rao for bringing 33% reservation for women at Panchayat level
- High-speed train between Ahmedabad & Sanand to commence operations in 6 months
- Delhi Police file charge sheet before court in Pragati Maidan tunnel robbery case
- India 'oldest democracy', publish books presenting its journey to world: Om Birla to publishers
- Women's representation in policymaking now set to increase significantly, says Anurag Thakur
- Assam government waives off loans of 2.2 lakh women
- I don't think anyone in world cricket at the moment would have a seam position as good as Shami: Harbhajan Singh
- Two terrorists arrested in J&K’s Baramulla
Officials told to conduct medical tests for pregnant women
Karimnagar: District Collector Smita Sabharwal directed the authorities to conduct medical tests for pregnant women regularly under...
Karimnagar: District Collector Smita Sabharwal directed the authorities to conduct medical tests for pregnant women regularly under 'Maarpu' programme in the district.
The District Collector, who held a district level review meeting on the implementation of Maarpu programme at the Collectorate here on Tuesday, said the main objective of Maarpu programme was to improve the health and nutrition status of women and children and was also to bring down the Maternal Mortality Ratio (MMR) and Infant Mortality Ratio (IMR) in the district.
She asked the officials to identify pregnant women and conduct medical tests for them regularly in their respective areas. A The health cards should be issued to all pregnant women. Moreover, the officials should take responsibility of brining the pregnant women to the local Government hospitals to diagnose the tests, Smita Sabharwal said. She also directed the officials to identify the high risk cases among the pregnant women and take a special care in providing better medical facilities to them.
Joint Collector H Arun Kumar, DM & HO Nageshwar Rao, Zilla Parishad CEO Chakradhar Rao and other officials were present.