Khairatabad Ganesha to adorn a new avatar this year
In a new avatar this year, the Khairatabad Ganesha will be the \'Saptha Mukha Kala Sarpa Maha Ganapathi\' (seven-headed Ganesha) at pandal for the Ganesh Chaturthi festival in September.
In a new avatar this year, the Khairatabad Ganesha will be the 'Saptha Mukha Kala Sarpa Maha Ganapathi' (seven-headed Ganesha) at pandal for the Ganesh Chaturthi festival in September.
Releasing the image of 'Saptha Mukha Kala Sarpa Maha Ganapathi’, the Khairatabad Ganesh Utsav Committee on Sunday announced that the height of the idol would be 57 feet and will be prepared with Plaster of Paris (PoP).
According to the committee, the preparation of the idol will be taken up under the supervision of Tamil Nadu-based sculptor C Rajendran, who has been preparing the Khairatabad Ganesha idol for more than three decades.
He revealed that the theme behind the idol is to provide good future for devotees and that nearly 30 tonnes of PoP will be using for the idol adding that the laddu in Ganesha's hand will also be made of PoP.
The cost of the construction is expected to be around Rs 12 lakh to Rs 15 lakh.
The sculptor also shared that around 60 to 80 skilled workers from Tamil Nadu, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh will be the participation of the idol.
- Concerned over reports of alleged tampering of voters' verdict: Pranab Mukherjee
- Opposition leaders meet EC officials, demand verification of VVPAT slips before counting of votes
- Sanjeeva Matandoor: Congress-JD (S) coalition has failed the people of Karnataka
- EVMs absolutely safe in strongrooms: Election Commission
- Pakistani boat carrying drugs seized by Indian Coast Guard