- Garbage crisis grips Karimnagar
- iPhone SE 4 May Ditch Home Button: New CAD Renders Unveil Design
- Land grabs galore in Madanapuram
- Komatireddy makes whirlwind tour of dist
- Govt keeping its word zealously, says Dy CM
- Operation Valentine Movie Leaked: Full HD Movie Leaked On Movierulz, Telegram
- Loss lessons from Assembly elections impact decisions
- City surgeon gets patent for path-breaking carpal tunnel device invention
- Lone Wolf operators at large?
- Five including three kids killed in fatal road accident
Lorry drivers take on indefinite strike in Telangana today to bring down fuel prices
Lorry drivers are set to undertake an indefinite strike in Telangana, starting from Friday Nearly two lakh goodscarrying trucks will go on strike against the increase in fuel prices along with a range of other demands raised by truck associations
Lorry drivers are set to undertake an indefinite strike in Telangana, starting from Friday. Nearly two lakh goods-carrying trucks will go on strike against the increase in fuel prices along with a range of other demands raised by truck associations.
The strike was called in regard to the nationwide protest call given by the All India Motor Transport Congress (AIMTC) and is likely to continue until an amicable conclusion is arrived upon between the government and the association.
The lorry drivers are also demanding the reduction of toll prices which are exorbitantly charged even when trucks move empty. Last month, a section of truckers under goods vehicles umbrella body All India Confederation of Goods Vehicles Owners Association went on an indefinite nationwide strike, protesting hike in diesel prices and other issues.