- Zoomtopia 2023: One platform delivering limitless human connection
- Hyderabad man dies in US after falling into swimming pool
- NMC believes that Union should not represent matter, ASG tells Delhi HC in stem cell therapy for autism case
- Sri Lanka varsity drops joint research with Chinese ship Shi Yan 6 despite pressure from Beijing
- Assam to conduct socio-economic survey of five 'indigenous' Muslim communities
- Bajaj Allianz gets Rs 1,010 crore GST demand notice
- Asian Games: Parul Choudhary, Annu Rani claim gold as India picks six medals in athletics
- Delhi HC defers Kal Airways' Kalanithi Maran's plea against SpiceJet CMD to Oct 9
- Maruti Suzuki gets Income Tax Dept order to pay up Rs 2,159cr
- Manipur CM announces reward on absconding ‘rumour monger’
Senior Maoist leader killed in Telangana police encounter
A Senior Maoist leader was killed in an alleged encounter in a forest area in Kurnapalli, a remote village in Cherla Mandal, along the Telangana border with Chhattisgarh
A Senior Maoist leader was killed in an alleged encounter in a forest area in Kurnapalli, a remote village in Cherla Mandal, along the Telangana border with Chhattisgarh.
The deceased was identified as Rajkumar alias Arun, a divisional committee member and In-charge of Cherla-Shabari area. Hailing from Bhupalpally district, Rajkumar was allegedly involved in three murders and landmine blasts with over 10 cases registered against him along with a cash award of Rs 4 lakh on his head.
According to the reports, the police personnel were on a combing operation in the forest areas of Cherla Mandal but came under attack by a group of ultras. Rajkumar is said to have been killed in the exchange of fire while three more Maoists reportedly fled from the scene. Police recovered a 0.303 rifle and four kit bags from the scene.