5 TSRTC buses gutted in fire mishap
A major fire mishap was averted in Warangal Bus Depot1 when five buses caught fire in the wee hours of Thursday
Hanamkonda (Warangal): A major fire mishap was averted in Warangal Bus Depot-1 when five buses caught fire in the wee hours of Thursday.
According to employees, fire broke out in an under repair Rajdhani bus parked inside the Warangal-1 bus depot. It’s learnt that mechanics replaced a battery in the bus a few hours before the fire broke out. Before the staff got into act, flames spread to four other buses.
Fire tenders rushed in and doused the flames. It would have been a major fire mishap had the flames spread to fuel station which is just about 10 yards from the burning buses. The incident occurred at around 2 am.
TSRTC chairman Somarapu Satyanarayana who rushed to the spot in the morning put the loss at around Rs 30 lakh. He said that while Rajdhani bus was reduced to ashes, the others were partially damaged in the mishap. There was no casualty or injury to anybody in the bus depot.