- Meet Manipuri neurosurgeon who teaches wushu as passion
- Gen Z's involvement in politics
- PM Modi dials Manmohan Singh on his birthday
- IIT Jodhpur designs catalysts for green ammonia
- In multipolar world, rising India will be ‘Vishwa Mitra, a power for global good: Jaishankar
- Haryana State CSR Trust launchs animal ambulance service in Gurugram
- Australian pacer Starc eyes for the comeback, Maxwell too likely to return
- After students’ stir, Manipur govt reimposes internet ban for 5 days
- Bengal Guv finally clears file for oath of new MLA, but bypasses Speaker
- Maha Congress: PM’s ‘urban Naxals’ jibe at Oppn came out of ‘despair’
School teacher becomes victim to acid attack in Chintal
A teacher working at a private school in Chintal became victim to an acid attack on Friday eveningThe victim, Surya Kumari, a school teacher at Siddhartha High School in Chintal was conducting tuition classes at a private institute in the area
Hyderabad: A teacher working at a private school in Chintal became victim to an acid attack on Friday evening.
The victim, Surya Kumari, a school teacher at Siddhartha High School in Chintal was conducting tuition classes at a private institute in the area.
Kumari a message from a stranger asking her to come out of the institute to meet her at around 6.30 pm. Assuming that the message was sent by a parent, she came out of the class and saw a man whose face was covered with a handkerchief. The man threw acid on her face and fled the spot.
The teachers and students heard her screams and rushed her immediately to the Remedy Hospital in Kukatpally where she is currently undergoing treatment.
The hospital staff alerted the police who upon investigation are suspecting family dispute the reason behind the attack.
A case has been registered in this regard.