- Meet Manipuri neurosurgeon who teaches wushu as passion
- Gen Z's involvement in politics
- PM Modi dials Manmohan Singh on his birthday
- IIT Jodhpur designs catalysts for green ammonia
- In multipolar world, rising India will be ‘Vishwa Mitra, a power for global good: Jaishankar
- Haryana State CSR Trust launchs animal ambulance service in Gurugram
- Australian pacer Starc eyes for the comeback, Maxwell too likely to return
- After students’ stir, Manipur govt reimposes internet ban for 5 days
- Bengal Guv finally clears file for oath of new MLA, but bypasses Speaker
- Maha Congress: PM’s ‘urban Naxals’ jibe at Oppn came out of ‘despair’
Transport officials issue 30000 licenses without driving test
The transport department officials in anantapur district are charging an additional Rs 50000 from several vehicle owners to issue learning licenses without conducting any driving trials
Anantapur: The transport department officials in anantapur district are charging an additional Rs 50000 from several vehicle owners to issue learning licenses without conducting any driving trials.
This blatant violation is happening in the name of LLR Mela and estimates are that at least 30000 such licenses have been issued during the last three months. Sources in the know claim that the TDP MLAs are behind the sordid drama.
Sources also say that the RTA officials got richer by at least Rs 15 lakh. By issuing such licences, the officials are helping cause more and more road mishaps, some persons allege. Wen asked the deputy transport commissioner Sunder refused to respond on the issue.