- How online learning is transforming teaching careers?
- Swami Vivekananda U20 National Football to kickstart in April
- Mumbai woman cured of epilepsy after part of her brain removed
- MP-PSC delegation presents 66th report to Governor Mangubhai Patel
- Political googly? Sharad Pawar invites Maha CM, Deputy CMs home for dinner
- Sharad Pawar Extends Dinner Invitation Amidst Political Tensions In Baramati
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4 per cent in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6 per cent
- SCBA GBM to discuss nomination of women advocates as Executive Members within two months
- Anant National University organises International Symposium on Architecture for All: Call of the Future
- Protein linked to Parkinson's also key for normal brain work: IIT Mandi study
2 girls called for help after bike broke down, friend sent 11 men to rape them
Eleven people were arrested for allegedly raping two minor girls in the Lohardaga district of Jharkhand, police said
Lohardaga (Jharkhand): Eleven people were arrested for allegedly raping two minor girls in the Lohardaga district of Jharkhand, police said.
They were nabbed after a police team conducted raids in the Hirhi Harra Toli locality, Deputy Superintendent of Police Ashish Kumar Mahli told a press conference on Sunday.
The accused, all aged between 18 and 28 years, had raped the girls on August 16 when they were going to the Hirhi Harra Toli area along with their neighbor, he said.
They were traveling on a motorcycle which developed snag near the Hirhi Railway bridge, the DSP said.
One of the girls called her friend over the phone for help but he sent his 11 friends to the spot instead. They took the girls to an isolated place, beat up their neighbor and drove him away.
The men then took turns to rape the girls, Mahli said.
The accused also snatched away mobile phones of the victims, he added.
A case was registered at Sadar police station on the basis of the statement of the girls.
The task force was formed on the directions of Superintendent of Police Priyadarshi Alok to investigate the incident. It was headed by Sub-Divisional Police Officer Arvind Kumar Verma and Mahli. The team also recovered the mobile phones from the house of one of the accused, the DSP said.