- Terrorist associate arrested in J&K's Sopore
- IVPL: Munaf Patel shines as Chhattisgarh Warriors thrash Rajasthan Legends by 7 wickets
- Most firms globally reported 55% or more of legacy tech debt in 2023
- 'No papers shared, no blame to share’, Delhi L-G slams Kejriwal over water scheme
- Zaheer Khan was someone I used to watch a lot to try and learn from, says James Anderson
- Human trials may reveal efficacy of new Rs 100 cancer pill: Docs
- MWC 2024: MediaTek Unveils Groundbreaking AI Capabilities
- Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg meets key Samsung, LG officials
- Varun Tej feels ‘Operation Valentine,’ a tale of passion, patriotism, and new horizons
- Development projects worth thousands of crores sanctioned for TN in last 10 years: PM Modi
Activist's letter spoke of "Rajiv Gandhi-like" event: Police
Maharashtra police today said there was conclusive proof to link the arrested activists to Maoists, adding a letter exchanged by an arrested activist spoke of planning a Rajiv Gandhilike incident
Mumbai: Maharashtra police today said there was "conclusive proof" to link the arrested activists to Maoists, adding a letter exchanged by an arrested activist spoke of planning a "Rajiv Gandhi-like" incident.
An email letter, between Rona Wilson and a CPI-Maoist leader speaks of ending "Modi-raj" with a 'Rajiv Gandhi-type incident', Maharashtra police additional director general (law and order) Parambir Singh told reporters here.
The letter also sought money for procuring grenade launchers, he said.
Police has seized "thousands of letters" exchanged between the overground and the underground of Maoists, the police officer said.
Some of the letters exchanged between the arrested activists spoke of planning "some big action" which would attract attention, Singh said.