- BJP leaders should give the correct script to PM Modi in Nizamabad - Palla Rajeshwar Reddy
- Shorter course of radiation therapy safe for early-stage breast cancer patients
- Google Pixel 8 series listed on Flipkart before India launch; Pre-orders start on October 5
- Global economy taking a turn for worse, caution ahead: Zoho’s Sridhar Vembu
- Gandhi is the only Mahatma and Father of the Nation: Siddaramaiah
- Why India must continue to engage with Maldives despite election of pro-China President
- Unveiling Pahadi Thal: A culinary odyssey through the Himalayas
- Kharge meets Maken, a day after appointing him as Congress treasurer
- September 2023 Australia's driest month on record since 1900
- NASA postpones probe to explore metal-rich asteroid to Oct 12
Head-on collision of two buses in Salem leaves 7 dead, 30 injured
Seven people, including two women, were killed and 30 others injured when two buses collided headon Saturday, police said
Coimbatore: Seven people, including two women, were killed and 30 others injured when two buses collided head-on Saturday, police said.
The incident occurred at around 2 am on the outskirts of Salem, about 150 kms from here, when a speeding bus proceeding towards Krishnagiri dashed against a mini-van parked on the national highway before colliding with another bus coming from the opposite direction, they said.
The bus turned turtle, resulting in the death of seven people, they added. The police rushed to the spot and started rescue operations.
Salem District Collector Rohini also visited the accident spot. The injured persons were admitted to a government hospital in Salem, the police added.