- HC asks BBMP to clear beggary cess dues in four months
- DGCA suspends Air India's Flight Safety Chief Rajeev Gupta for one month for certain lapses
- Karnataka CM, Dy CM meet Jal Shakti Minister, inform inability to release Cauvery water to TN
- After this World Cup, we will be talking about Shubman Gill more often, says Raina
- Allahabad High Court orders removal of encroachments from heritage sites
- Shutting visa service for Canadians will impact lakhs of Punjabis: Sukhbir Badal
- Bumrah is going to be tested at the death, when the Australian middle order is firing, says Mukund
- BTS renew contract with K-pop label Big Hit Music
- Andhra youth dies of cardiac arrest while dancing
- 35-yr-old cop commits suicide in Gurugram
KCR lauds naval officer for winning adventure award
Telangana caretaker Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao has congratulated Lieutenant Commander in Indian Navy, Aishwarya Boddapati on being selected for the prestigious Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Award 2017 by the Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports
Hyderabad (Telangana): Telangana caretaker Chief Minister K. Chandrashekhar Rao has congratulated Lieutenant Commander in Indian Navy, Aishwarya Boddapati on being selected for the prestigious Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Award 2017 by the Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
The Chief Minister described it as an honour for the state and expressed hope that she would get more and more such awards in the coming future as well.
Boddapati was a part of the tough expedition, which started on September 10, 2017, and circumnavigated the world in an Indian boat 'INS Tarini'.
Boddapati, a native of Telangana, had earlier been awarded Nari Shakti Award and Nao Sena Award.
In a letter to Lt Commander Aishwarya, Director Government of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, informed that the Award presentation ceremony will be held at the Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi on September 25 and requested her to come and receive the award.