- New AI app can screen kids for autism
- Zoomtopia 2023: One platform delivering limitless human connection
- Hyderabad man dies in US after falling into swimming pool
- NMC believes that Union should not represent matter, ASG tells Delhi HC in stem cell therapy for autism case
- Sri Lanka varsity drops joint research with Chinese ship Shi Yan 6 despite pressure from Beijing
- Assam to conduct socio-economic survey of five 'indigenous' Muslim communities
- Bajaj Allianz gets Rs 1,010 crore GST demand notice
- Asian Games: Parul Choudhary, Annu Rani claim gold as India picks six medals in athletics
- Delhi HC defers Kal Airways' Kalanithi Maran's plea against SpiceJet CMD to Oct 9
- Maruti Suzuki gets Income Tax Dept order to pay up Rs 2,159cr
Khairatabad Ganesh immersed within 6 hours by using ARD technology
In a departure from tradition, the 57feet Khairatabad Bada Ganesh idol not only left from its pandal early on Sunday morning, but was also immersed in Hussain sagar lake by 1 pm The immersion was a marked change compared to last year, when the whole process completed including the 25 kilometer long procession within a span of 6 hours by using latest computerized ARD Automatic Release Device te
In a departure from tradition, the 57-feet Khairatabad Bada Ganesh idol not only left from its pandal early on Sunday morning, but was also immersed in Hussain sagar lake by 1 pm. The immersion was a marked change compared to last year, when the whole process completed including the 2.5 kilometer long procession within a span of 6 hours by using latest computerized ARD(Automatic Release Device) technology for the immersion.
On the prior plan of Khairatabad Ganesh Utsav Committee and Police, the Khairatabad Bada Ganesh procession started accordingly at 7:20 am in the morning hours of Sunday after taking puja from the Utsav committee members. Thousands of devotees gathered in front, dancing, singing and chanting ‘Ganapati Bappa Morya’ moved towards NTR Marg. Oggu Artists in the front with their dances entertained the devotees and the visitors. The procession moved from Sensation theater and BSNL towers and reached Secretariat. People took selfies and the videos of Khairatabad Ganesh and chanted ‘Ganesh Maharaj ki Jai’. Police took the idol speedily till it reaches the Secretariat. Then after the idol slowly headed towards Crane number 6, where the immersion took place.
After the idol reached the crane, the puja was held for half an hour and after completing the welding works at 12:58 pm the 57 feet idol was immersed in the Hussain Sagar lake within 6 hours from the procession started. While the thousands of devotees and the visitors saying good bye to the Ganesha he took the dip in the water. Later the Utsav Committee members sprinkled water on the devotees.
Six hundred police personnel and GHMC personnel were deployed for the peaceful immersion of Khairatabad Ganesh within the prescribed time. Signals were jammed by the police on the Tankbund area during the immersion of Khairatabad Ganesh. One team of electricity employees removed the cable wires while the procession moved towards tank bund and another team rearranged the cable wires after the idol carrying vehicle moved away.
Speaking to the media, Khairatabad Ganesh Utsav Committee founder Sudershan said that 20 to 25 lakh people visited the Khairatabad Ganesh during Navarathri festival. After offering 11 days puja among thousands of devotees the idol was immersed. Due to the security reasons and keeping in view the other idols immersion Khairatabad Ganesh procession and immersion was done before 1 pm. He said next year the height of Ganesh may increase from 57 feet this time.