- Khammam: KTR lays foundation stone for palm oil factory
- Kishan slams KCR for skipping PM’s programmes
- Hyderabad: Mahesh Bhagwat gives away Grand Ganesha Awards-2023
- Now, Khammam district a testament to progress says K T Rama Rao
- Harish condemns Chandrababu’s arrest
- Hyderabad sees remarkable growth in green office spaces
- We have ongoing problem with Canada: Jaishankar
- Umang 2.0: This expo has everything from papad to diamonds
- New York City declares emergency over flash flooding
- Indian High Commissioner's gurdwara visit blocked by pro-Khalistan extremists
Vice President says violence is not solution to any problem
The Vice President of India M Venkaiah Naidu has underlined that violence is not solution to any problem While condemning the killing of two tribal leaders MLA Kidari Sarvesvara Rao and former MLA Siveri Soma in Visakhapatnam district by Maoists, he said that if one resorts to violence he should also be subjected to violence in return
Tirupati: The Vice President of India M Venkaiah Naidu has underlined that violence is not solution to any problem. While condemning the killing of two tribal leaders - MLA Kidari Sarvesvara Rao and former MLA Siveri Soma in Visakhapatnam district by Maoists, he said that if one resorts to violence he should also be subjected to violence in return. Speaking at a meeting organised by Rashtriya Seva Samithi in Tirupati on Tuesday, Venkaiah opined, “if they believe their theory is correct and wish to do service for people, then they should come to the people, mingle with them, get their support and bring change in the society. You can change the society with ballet and not with bullet. Ballet is more powerful than bullet”.
He also said that there is every need to safeguard the interests of farmers. Studies reveal that no farmer having poultry, dairy or horticulture have committed suicides. Only those who confine themselves to farming activities have committed suicides. This should be taken care of both by governments and farmers as well. Farmers were not getting minimum prices for their produce and it was the duty of governments to provide minimum support prices to them and provide loans well in time. Cold storages to be built and marketing facilities are to be provided. Unless going for such measures, it was not correct to go for loan waivers to farmers, he stressed. Earlier, the Vice President has participated in the 29th anniversary of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan in the City.