- Nalgonda: Rigorous 5-hr search by Anti Corruption Bureau at Tehsildar’s office
- AP providing quality healthcare to all the needy: IT Minister
- Khammam: Honouring Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao’s legacy
- Enriching her literary experiences
- Suryapet: Conspiracy to delay Yadadri power plant, alleges Guntakandla Jagadish Reddy
- Khammam: KTR lays foundation stone for palm oil factory
- Kishan slams KCR for skipping PM’s programmes
- Hyderabad: Mahesh Bhagwat gives away Grand Ganesha Awards-2023
- Now, Khammam district a testament to progress says K T Rama Rao
- Harish condemns Chandrababu’s arrest
Telangana: HC directs state govt. to hold panchayat elections in 3 months
The Hyderabad High Court on Thursday has ordered the state government to hold Panchayat elections within three months
The Hyderabad High Court on Thursday has ordered the state government to hold Panchayat elections within three months.
The HC passed the orders pertaining to the petition filed in the court against appointing the special officers to Gram Panchayat after the tenure of the sarpanch's ended.
Terming the move is against the constitution, the court directed the government to hold the elections within three months.
The court also vexed with the government over non-conduct of panchayat elections and discrepancies in the voter list.
It also said that the appointed special officers for the gram panchayats will continue in the posts until the commencement of the elections.