- YSRCP is ‘sinking boat’: Tulasi Reddy
- Waiting for strong candidate to fight in elections: Mekapati
- Chandrababu appoints Chillapalli Srinivasa Rao as State BC Declaration Committee member
- Devineni Avinash participates in foundation laying of development works
- Police seize `1.81 cr unaccounted money
- Guddampally Venu Reddy Participates in YSR Asara Varotsavalu Grant Program in Hindupuram
- Trafficking survivors need livelihood opportunities
- Congress OBC state chief demands SCS for AP
- MVV Satyanarayana extends financial assistance to kin of deceased in Visakha
- YS Jagan to visit Visakhapatnam today to participate in Vision Visakha conference
Enumerate crop damage accurately -Minister for agriculture directed officials
Enumerate crop loss accurately on quick pace minister for agriculture, SChandramohan Reddy directed officials He reviewed on crops loss with officials concerned at Srikakulam on Saturday
Srikakulam: Enumerate crop loss accurately on quick pace minister for agriculture, S.Chandramohan Reddy directed officials. He reviewed on crops loss with officials concerned at Srikakulam on Saturday. Speaking on the occasion officials explained that paddy, cotton, maize and sugarcane crops are damaged in 3.50 lakh acres in all 13 mandals.
Horticulture crops Banana, Papaya, vegetables, cashew, coconut damaged in 32,000 acres of it only coconut damaged in 25,000 acres in Uddanam area alone. For enumeration of crop damage on quick pace total 455 officials and staff have been appointed from Vizianagaram and Visakhapatnam distircts in addition to existing staff at Srikakulam minister explained. For each coconut tree Rs 1000 and Rs 20,000 for per hectare of cashew and mango gardens, Rs 25,000 for per hectare banana crop loss as input subsidy to farmers minister announced and it is more than the central aid.
He directed officials to finish crop loss enumeration in three days across the district and send a report to government. Due to floods of Vamsadhara river paddy crop inundated in an extent of 25,000 hectares in Srikakulam, Narasannapeta, Amudalavalasa assembly segments district agriculture officials explained. All allied departments staff should also involve in crop loss enumeration for its quick completion minister directed. Commissioners for agriculture, horticulture, secretaries and district level officials attended.