- Hyderabad metro to run till midnight on occasion of Ganesh immersions
- 3rd ODI: Fifties from top four batters, Maxwell’s career-best four-fer propel Australia to consolation win
- Assam makes digital attendance of students & teachers mandatory in govt schools
- Jaishankar wraps up New York leg of US visit, to travel to Washington between Sep 27-30
- RBI cancels licence of Kapol Cooperative Bank in Mumbai
- WII team inspects Alipiri footpath
- KCR advises people take safety measures during Ganesh idol immersion
- Chiefs of Indo-Pacific Armies agree on joint action plan to tackle challenges in region
- Chandrapur sarpanch receives Union Tourism Award
- 'Amit Shah assured that murderers will be punished', Manipur CM on students' killing
5 dead as bus falls into canal in West Bengal's Hooghly district
At least 6 passengers died and 20 others injured on Tuesday when a bus fell into a canal from a bridge at Haripal in Hooghly district
Kolkata: At least 6 passengers died and 20 others injured on Tuesday when a bus fell into a canal from a bridge at Haripal in Hooghly district.
The Kolkata-bound bus dashed against the cement railings of a bridge before breaking it and fell into the Dakatia khal near Gojarmore around 9 am, SP Sukesh Jain told news agency PTI.
The injured were rushed to the Haripal hospital. Rescue operations are underway.
Locals and policemen carried out the rescue operations.
A team of state disaster management department has been sent to the spot, SP Sukesh Jain said.