- AAP in Punjab targeting political opponents: BJP leader Jakhar
- Goa to ban dog breed attacking humans, says CM Sawant
- ML study links reduced sleep and activity to premature birth
- MP Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia not to contest coming Assembly polls
- California's longest serving Senator Dianne Feinstein dies at 90
- Danish Ali writes to PM Modi highlights threats, seeks his immediate attention on Bidhuri's episode
- AASU sweeps Gauhati University students' polls; ABVP bags 1 post
- 12 state-of-the-art libraries opened in Punjab, 16 more to come up
- The IT minister KTR laid foundation stone at Wanaparthy district
- Railways denied special train for TMC supporters to travel to Delhi: Abhishek Banerjee
Former CBI JD shows true colours: YSRCP
YSR Congress has said that the ongoing developments in CBI are being viewed with concern and the manner in which a former CBI official has been showing his true colours by praising Chandrababu Naidu for relief work in Cyclone affected Srikakulam clearly shows the motive even while he was investigating the case of YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
YSR Congress has said that the ongoing developments in CBI are being viewed with concern and the manner in which a former CBI official has been showing his true colours by praising Chandrababu Naidu for relief work in Cyclone affected Srikakulam clearly shows the motive even while he was investigating the case of YS Jagan Mohan Reddy.
‘The section of media that has been in touch with the then CBI Joint Director VV Lakshminarayana, who was more than happy to share information in the process of publishing negative stories against YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, has suddenly took a U-turn and started propagating a negative tune of the investigation agency while the former official took all the pains to go to Srikakulam and give a certificate of appreciation to Chandrababu Naidu in providing relief and carrying out rehabilitation work for the Cyclone affected people,’ party spokesperson Vasireddy Padma told reporters here on Tuesday.
The section of media which glorified CBI and published the in-camera proceedings as well when VV Lakshminaryana was investigating YS Jagan Mohan Reddy case seems to have developed suddenly some aversion towards the investing agency while the former Joint Director started praising TDP government which shows the networking and how the nexus has been working ever since, our leader had quit Congress and floated new Party, she said.
The Rakesh Asthana issue involving the top notch of CBI figuring the name of Rajya Sabha member CM Ramesh, who is considered to be a benami of Chandrababu Naidu, will take its own legal course but the way TDP leaders and its friendly media have been reacting besides the timing of the former Joint Director’s statement shows they are working in tandem with a single goal of ‘despise the Opposition and praise the treasury benches unabashedly’, she said.
Even among the Enforcement Directorate (ED) of CBI, Chandrababu has his own stooges who had sent advance information a la VV Lakshminaryana and had even doled out information about the files of YS Jagan Mohan Reddy’s wife YS Bharathi.
When there were raids in the offices of CM Ramesh, ahead of being named in the Asthana episode, there was a big hue and cry, she said adding that ‘we are of the view that all institutions function in their respective limits without fear or favour'.