- Land-for-job scam case: Delhi court summons Lalu Prasad, others
- Calcutta HC-appointed lawyer accuses school of bribery attempt
- Varun Gandhi asks UP govt to reconsider decision on Amethi hospital
- India's inclusion in global bond index to entail passive inflows of $26 bn
- Special puja for Naidu's release
- YS Bhaskar Reddy released on escort bail over ill health in YS Viveka case
- International Teachers' Olympiad crosses 70,000+ Registrations from Teachers of 90+ Countries
- International Astronomy Day
- Scratches, Wrinkles, Or Stains, Tips to Upkeep Your Bag Before It Taints
- Samsung Galaxy A15 design leaked out; Check the video
'Home Ministry must take decisive call to finish Naxals': Subramanian Swamy
Bharatiya Janata Party BJP leader and Rajya Sabha member Subramanian Swamy on Friday said that the Union Home Ministry must step up efforts to curb the Naxal menace in the country
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader and Rajya Sabha member Subramanian Swamy on Friday said that the Union Home Ministry must "step up efforts to curb the Naxal menace" in the country.
Referring to the recent Chhattisgarh Naxal attack in which several people lost their lives including one security personnel, Swamy told ANI: "Maoists are getting bolder. They need to be eliminated. Now the policemen are also killed in Naxal attack. The situation has become very dangerous. Home Ministry must take a decisive call to finish Naxals. If necessary, they should also take the help of Army in this regard."
On Thursday, a total of five people were killed and two others sustained injuries after Naxals triggered a blast in a bus near Bacheli in Chhattisgarh's Dantewada district. This was the second Naxalite attack in the area in recent days. Last week, a cameraman working for a state-run broadcaster Doordarshan was killed in an attack at Nilawaya village of the region.
These incidents have taken place just ahead of the Assembly elections in the state which are to be held in two phases on November 12 and November 20.