Maoist carrying Rs 1 lakh reward on head surrenders
A Maoist carrying a reward of Rs one lakh on his head surrendered in Dumka district on Thursday, police said
Dumka (Jharkhand): A Maoist carrying a reward of Rs one lakh on his head surrendered in Dumka district on Thursday, police said.
Mahasay Soren, against whom six naxal-related cases are lodged in Dumka and neighbouring Pakur district, surrendered before Dumka Deputy Commissioner Mukesh Kumar, Deputy Inspector General of Police Raj Kumar Lakra and Superintendent of Police Y S Ramesh.
The surrendered Maoist was given a cheque of Rs one lakh, the DIG said.
The DIG also said that Soren would be provided with an insurance of Rs five lakh and his family would be provided with Rs one lakh, besides being trained in skill development at Rs 6,000 per month for one year and other benefits under the state government's surrender policy.
Soren is a resident of Shankarpur under Shikaripur police station in Dumka district and was carrying a reward of Rs one lakh on his head.
- Indian government pressurising Interpol for red corner notice: Zakir Naik
- Anguished with way judiciary being treated: SC on lawyer's claim of conspiracy against CJI
- J-K: IT raid underway at a location related to Imran Raza Ansari
- Shatrughan Sinha 'Would Love To Interview' PM Modi But...
- Congress Politicising Balakot Air Strikes, Accuses Rajnath Singh