Order of banning Ashok Pai stayed by HC for six weeks
An order passed by the Mandya deputy commissioner on January 29,2019 directing Ashoka alias Ashok Pai, a rowdysheeter not to enter the district, which the high court has stayed for six weeks
BENGALURU: An order passed by the Mandya deputy commissioner on January 29,2019 directing Ashoka alias Ashok Pai, a rowdy-sheeter not to enter the district, which the high court has stayed for six weeks.
Justice BA Patil had passed this order on the basis of a criminal revision petition that was registered by Ashok Pai.
Ashok Pai had claimed that no material was produced by the Mandya SP to justify that he was involved in the criminal activity and that only on presumption, the SP had sent a letter to the DC, recommending action under section 55 of the Karnataka Police Act. He also said that the order was passed by the DC without hearing him.
- National Congress fields retired HC judge Hasnain Masoodi from Anantnag
- On app meant for poll-related complaints, people upload selfies, photos of trees, lamps
- 16-year-old from Kashmir gets Shaurya Chakra for fighting militants who attacked his house
- Former Supreme Court judge Satya Brata Singh passes away
- ED attaches 13 assets in J&K in terror funding probe against Hizbul Mujahideen chief Syed Salahuddin