Antarkranti Products By Prisoners On Online Sale
Antarkranti Products By Prisoners On Online Sale. Antarkranti, an initiative of Divya Jyoti Jagrati Sansthan Gives Inmates Employable Skills
New Delhi: Antarkranti, a brand of products made by prison inmates, is now available online via virtual marketplace Snapdeal.com.
The website has partnered with Antarkranti, a programme for prisoner reformation and rehabilitation, to promote and sell the products online.
This partnership is an effort to encourage people to make a difference to the society by contributing towards supporting correction, reformation and rehabilitation of prison inmates. It would also help inmates earn a livelihood through dignified means and depart from wrong actions, read a statement Wednesday.
The product line includes incense sticks and cones, oil burners, gulaal, rakhis and different variants of face packs and other beauty products for a starting price of Rs.35.These are made by prisoners under Antarkranti's Skill Development and Livelihood Generation Programme.
Antarkranti, an initiative of Divya Jyoti Jagrati Sansthan, is currently present in 40 jails of India, giving inmates employable skills during their stay in prison and preparing them to earn a respectable living while in jail and post their release.
- Political campaigning banned, locals fined for not voting at this Gujarat village
- No one with clean image in BJP, hence Pragya Thakur given ticket: Baghel
- 'I might get attacked': Hardik Patel fears threat to life, asks for police security
- Indira Jaising questions court's handling of allegations against CJI
- GOGOI faces sexual harassment charges