Pick dress styles to suit your body shape
Whether you\'re an hourglass, up and down, an apple or a pear in body shape -- choose a dress that fits right on your figure.
Whether you're an hourglass, up and down, an apple or a pear in body shape -- choose a dress that fits right on your figure.
Shopping becomes easy when you know what you're looking for. So, follow a few simple tips on dressing to suit your body shape and you will be surprised at how confident you feel in your clothes once you find a dress that fits and flatters, reports mirror.co.uk.
Here are some tips:
* Apple: If your weight is around your middle, you're an apple shape. Look for loose fits that won't cling to your tummy, but will show off your arms and legs. Shift styles that hang away from the body will conceal any problem areas, and don't be afraid to go for something short.
* Straight up and down: Are your bust and hips the same width with no obvious waist? You have a column build. Change that by investing in illusion dresses which transform your body shape by creating curves, slimming shoulders and more.
* Hourglass: A well defined waist leaves you with an hourglass figure. Don't hide your curves, but highlight them with a dress that pulls you in at the middle and shows off your slimmest point. Look for belted designs or anything that emphasises your waistline.
* Pear: Pear shapes carry weight on their hips and thighs and tend to have a trim waist and shapely shoulders. Sleeveless prom styles are a smart choice as they draw attention up while the full skirt will disguise any lumps and bumps below.
- Bangalore logs a turnout of 54.1%, worse than 2014 polls, which was 56%
- AAP says no to alliance just in Delhi, talk of tie-up in Haryana over: Sisodia
- Modi a fool: Siddaramaiah slams PM for taking advantage of surgical strikes
- PM anti-national, sold interest of nation, alleges Sidhu
- VVIP Chopper deal case: Court dismisses alleged defence agent's bail plea