Holding pessimistic beliefs about others lowers your economic success
Holding Pessimistic Beliefs About Others Lowers Your Economic Success. A new research has revealed that holding pessimistic beliefs about others may lower down your economic success later in life.
Washington: A new research has revealed that holding pessimistic beliefs about others may lower down your economic success later in life.
The research conducted by American Psychological Association studied cynicism and income level of people from different countries and observed that a high level of cynicism was associated with lower income especially in countries that had antisocial behavior.
Olga Stavrova, lead author on the study, said that the reason behind this could be that cynical individuals are less likely to trust others and therefore avoid collaborative projects and to forgo the related opportunities.
Stavrova concluded that their findings may help encouraging people to adopt a more benevolent and idealistic view of human nature and trustful attitude towards their peers.
The research is published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.
- Goa CM asks police to beef up security of churches
- Modi says he is winning but no fun minus Gujarat's 26 seats
- People of Bengal will pay back 'notebandi' with 'votebandi': Mamata hits out at Modi
- Yogi government ignoring its duties to ensure safety of expressway commuters: Akhilesh Yadav
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale begins two-day visit to China