Caramelised Onion, Bean and Corn Tacos
Pre heat oven to 220 C fan forced Lightly grease two large oven trays 2 Place onions in a shallow microwave safe dish Cover with damp paper towel microwave on high100 percent power for 4 minutes until soft
Prep time- 0-15
Cook time - 0-30
Ingredients - 14
A tasty Mexican feast has never been easier
4 Brown onions, peeled, thinly sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp brown sugar
40 gm sachet fagitha seasoning
8 flour tortillas
2x 400 g can black beans removed
375 g jar mild thick and chunky salsa
2 cups grated tasty cheese
Olive oil cooking spray
Smashed avocado, lime wedges, sour cream and coriander leaves to serve.
Salsa: 1/2 small red onion, peeled, finely chopped
2 vine ripened tomatoes, deseeded, finely chopped.
1/2 lime, juiced.
Pre heat oven to 220* C fan forced. Lightly grease two large oven trays.
2) Place onions in a shallow microwave safe dish. Cover with damp paper towel microwave on high/100 percent power for 4 minutes until soft.
3) Heat half the oil in a medium, nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Add onions and
4) sugar. Cook stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until caramelised. Add seasoning cook stirring for a further 1 minute.
5) Divide onions evenly over half of each tortilla. Top with beans and corn.. spoon over salsa and sprinkle with cheese. Fold over to enclose.
6) Place tortillas onto trays. Spray both sides lightly with cooking oil. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortillas are golden around the edges.
7) Meanwhile, make salsa. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Serve tacos with salsa, avocado, lime wedges, sour cream and coriander leaves.