- 'Coarse gender discrimination': SC on termination of woman from army on marriage
- Two guarantees to be implemented within a week: Telangana CM
- BJP will not have alliance with any party in Telangana: Kishan Reddy
- Delhi HC allows student to sit for Class 12 board exam, subject to rectifying application deficiencies
- 63 moons Technology ropes in top global firms for cybersecurity foray
- Karnataka HC grants relief to Byju's as investors plan to oust CEO
- Protesting farmers suspend 'Delhi Chalo' protest till Friday
- Gurugram: Man convicted for raping & killing minor girl handed death penalty
- Bengal school job case: Calcutta HC seeks report from ED's Special Director on Partha Chatterjee
- ASIP’s OSAT/ATMP Project launched with Korean JV
Did you know that sleep helps in losing Weight
There are lots of myths about weight gain, weight loss, and dieting, but the most damaging is that its all about willpower I have heard people saying this to themselves If I had stronger willpower I would eat more healthy and become slim again if you believe that then you will also believe that if you are fat then it is all your own fault
There are lots of myths about weight gain, weight loss, and dieting, but the most damaging is that it's all about willpower. I have heard people saying this to themselves " If I had stronger willpower" ..."I would eat more healthy and become slim again". if you believe that then you will also believe that if you are fat then it is all your own fault.
Yes yes! losing weight is an uphill task- waking up early for workouts, killing cravings, opting to stand over sitting, it is not an easy task where the mind is full of struggle. Don't you think this happens to everyone? as losing weight isn't an easy task. But what if I tell you losing weight can be as easy as sleeping NOW? yes, dear, you read that right. Sleeping can help you lose weight in many ways. Here's we list a few of them.
1) Simple it stops you from late night snacking The longer you are awake, the more likely you are to binge. Late night binge sessions can make you gain up to two pounds in a week, according to a research by the University of Pennsylvania. while on a weight loss plan, you are expected to eat your dinner by 7 or 8 o clock, which increases your chances of snacking/binge eating if you stay awake till late.
2) Good sleep helps you burn calories: When you are fast asleep the normal functioning of the body continues. This functioning of the body requires energy, which burns calories. A study from the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that people who get a good night's sleep, their resting energy expenditure is more than those who do not sleep properly. People who sleep properly also burned 20% more calories after a meal as compared to their sleep-deprived counterparts.
3) Boosts fat loss: Even if you eat the exact number of calories recommended by your nutritionist, but do not sleep properly, you won't drop as much fat as someone who is sleeping better. A study conducted recently asked two groups of people to consume the same number of calories. But one group slept for eight and a half hours while the other slept only for five and a half hours. The group slept for more hours lost more weight by the end of the month as compared to those who slept less.
4) Good sleep manages your leptin levels well: Leptin is the satiety hormone. Not sleeping properly drives down the leptin levels, which causes your body to crave for more carbs, which leads to weight gain.
5)Proper sleep enhances your physical activity level: Lack of sleep can lead to daytime fatigue. This tiredness can make you feel less motivated to exercise. And when you exercise while you are tired you are more likely to give up early. sleeping properly increases the intensity of your physical activity.