- Yogi Adityanath-Led BJP Government In Uttar Pradesh Set To Expand Cabinet Amid Recent Electoral Victories
- Chandrababu to meet TDP candidates in Palnadu district today
- BJP Files Complaint Against Congress Leader For Allegedly Mishandling National Anthem At Kerala Rally
- BJP will have to pick Reddy nominee if it goes solo
- TDP-Jana Sena alliance unstoppable, declares Naidu
- Popular TS leaders’ statues to adorn Tank Bund
- YSRCP second-rung leaders want sitting MLAs changed
- Pak-bound ship with N-parcel seized
- Farmers cry hoarse for justice amidst borewell seizures
- 42-target set for Bengal BJP
Robert Vadra to lose no-security-check privilege at airports
Robet Vadra To Lose Privilege Of Skipping Security Checks At Airports. With the Gandhi family no longer in power, Robert Vadra, Priyanka Gandhi’s husband, may lose his privilege of being exempted from frisking at airports.
With the Gandhi family no longer in power, Robert Vadra, Priyanka Gandhi’s husband, may lose his privilege of being exempted from frisking at airports.
Ashok Gajapathi Raju Pusapati, who took over as aviation minister on Friday, said, “Security should be meaningful, not ornamental,” on the subject of Vadra being the only individual named in the list of dignitaries exempt from security checks at airports. Everyone else on the list hold high constitutional positions.
Pusapati said, “It is for the home ministry to see the threat perception of individuals. But generally, by and large, Indians should go through security checks.”
The Bureau of Civil Aviation Security has 30 positions on the exempt list including the President, Vice President and Chief Ministers. The list of exempt positions which is displayed in airports has led to many people writing to the Air Passengers’ Association of India for including Vadra’s name.