- Ensure no further construction takes place adjacent to Ganga: SC to Bihar govt
- No Scindia, no traitor left in Congress: Digvijaya on eve of counting
- ‘Pindam’ storyline fascinated me: Producer Yeshwanth Daggumati
- Brahmanandam wraps key schedule of ‘Kannappa’
- Chandrika Ravi to play Silk Smitha in her biopic
- Vishal’s film with Hari titled ‘Rathnam,’ teaser unveiled
- My main strength is emotion: ‘Hi Nanna’ director Souryuv
- Bluesky Enhances Safety with Automated Moderation and User Lists
- International Day of Persons with Disabilities 2023: Date, history, significance
- Integrating Digital Education in Schools Will Make Students Future-Ready
13 people killed as car runs over, driver held
13 People Killed as Car Runs Over, Driver Held. A 30-year-old man was arrested for running his vehicle over 13 labourers sleeping on a road divider, killing one of them, in the capital, police said Monday.
New Delhi: A 30-year-old man was arrested for running his vehicle over 13 labourers sleeping on a road divider, killing one of them, in the capital, police said Monday.
The incident took place near Nigambodh Ghat in east Delhi around 10.15 p.m. Sunday.
Rishi Kumar's car climbed onto the road divider and injured the 13 labourers sleeping there.
Police said the accused was in an inebriated state while driving his car from west Delhi's Jahangirpuri area to West Vinod Nagar in east Delhi.
Rishi Kumar, who was accompanied by his sister-in-law, is a property dealer and a resident of west Vinod Nagar.
All the 13 labourers were rushed to three hospitals - Bara Hindu Rao Hospital, Sushruta Trauma Centre and Aruna Asaf Ali Hospital - where one of them, 20-year-old Iqraj, died of his injuries.
Four others were treated for fractures, police said. Most of them were later discharged.