- RBI found excessive dominance by 1-2 board members even in big commercial banks: Das
- BRS leader Kavitha says it was due to her party's efforts that women's quota bill saw light of day
- Supreme Court orders Satyendar Jain to diligently participate in trial, extends interim bail till Oct 9
- Calcutta HC directs CID probe after video showing extortion by police surfaces
- Bids invited for PGIMER satellite centre in Ferozepur: Sukhbir Badal
- Governor Tamilisai Soundararajan has no moral right to continue in the post
- Punjab Police raid Khalistani extremist Landa’s associates
- Land grab prohibition legislation need of the hour: HC
- WhatsApp to stop working on these Android phones: Find the list
- Entire BJP standing with Bidhuri, such words part of its fixed strategy: Saurabh Bharadwaj
30 feared drowned as bus falls into reservoir
About 30 persons were feared drowned when a bus plunged into the Gobind Sagar reservoir on Wednesday morning at Rayian near Bilaspur, 95-km from here.
Shimla: About 30 persons were feared drowned when a bus plunged into the Gobind Sagar reservoir on Wednesday morning at Rayian near Bilaspur, 95-km from here.
Twelve bodies have so far been recovered and the bus has been pulled out of the water, Bilaspur Deputy Commissioner Ajay Sharma said, adding that a search is on for those missing.
The exact number of passengers travelling on the bus is not known. The ill-fated bus belonging to a private transportation company was on its way from Rishikesh to Bilaspur and most of the passengers were locals.
The 40-seater bus was packed to capacity and some passengers were also said to have been travelling on its roof, sparking fears that the toll may rise.
Sharma, who was at the spot, said that rescue operations are on in full swing and divers of the Bhakra Beas Management Board (BBMB) have been called in to fish out the bodies.
About half-a-dozen people who sustained injuries as they jumped off the bus in a bid to save themselves have been taken to a hospital in Bilaspur.
A large crowd of locals has gathered at the spot making anxious enquiries about relatives.