- Congress leader Vijaya Reddy participates in Sonia Gandhi birthday celebrations at Himayatnagar
- Sonia Gandhi birthday celebrations held in Nizampet
- Cong announces 'halla bol' march to Maha Legislature on Monday
- Northeast's cultural diversity captivate spectators on penultimate day of Hornbill Festival
- NCLAT gives NTPC breather on CCI penalty
- The Mystery of Missing files in Fisheries and Education Department
- Chaturmukha Basadi, Restored with granite structure
- Transport sector decarbonization must to reduce emissions, says India at Dubai climate talks
- Bhupender Yadav, John Kerry hold talks on US-India collaboration for financing e-buses
- Officials’ budget presented in the House, public budget in Feb: MCD Mayor
UN expresses concern over Rajasthan incident
A spokesman for UN Secretary-General Ban KiMoon said Tuesday the incident in which a woman was stripped and paraded on a donkey in a Rajasthan village was a matter of concern and hoped it would be investigated.
United Nations: A spokesman for UN Secretary-General Ban KiMoon said Tuesday the incident in which a woman was stripped and paraded on a donkey in a Rajasthan village was a matter of concern and hoped it would be investigated.
Replying to a question by a reporter about the Saturday indent, Moon's deputy spokesman, Farhan Haq, said, "At this stage, we're simply aware of the media reports. We would hope that they will be looked into." He added, "It's certainly a cause for concern, because women's rights should be upheld around the world."
A 50-year-old woman in the Thurawad village in Rajsamand district was accused of killing her nephew and a community panchayat (village council) ordered her stripped and paraded on a donkey in retribution. Police said they have arrested 30 people in connection with the incident.