- BJP will not have alliance with any party in Telangana: Kishan Reddy
- Delhi HC allows student to sit for Class 12 board exam, subject to rectifying application deficiencies
- 63 moons Technology ropes in top global firms for cybersecurity foray
- Karnataka HC grants relief to Byju's as investors plan to oust CEO
- Protesting farmers suspend 'Delhi Chalo' protest till Friday
- Gurugram: Man convicted for raping & killing minor girl handed death penalty
- Bengal school job case: Calcutta HC seeks report from ED's Special Director on Partha Chatterjee
- ASIP’s OSAT/ATMP Project launched with Korean JV
- Excise policy case: Delhi court defers order on Sisodia's bail plea amidst pending curative petition
- Surveillance tightened in Sandeshkhali to prevent recurrence of tension
Aamir plays with intolerance fire
The BJP on Tuesday came down heavily on Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi and Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan for their comments on alleged growing \'intolerance\'.
- Aamir will not get a better country than India to live in and a Hindu as his neighbour: BJP
- Kher to Aamir: Did you tell wife Kiran this country made you?; Aamir’s security increased
- 'Stop bullying,' reach out to people: Rahul to govt; Kejriwal admires Aamir’s statement
New Delhi: The BJP on Tuesday came down heavily on Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi and Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan for their comments on alleged growing 'intolerance'.
BJP leader Shahnawaz Hussain slammed Aamir for saying he has been "alarmed" by a number of incidences and his wife Kiran Rao even suggested that they should probably leave the country.
Shahnawaz said though Aamir is free to express his views, he should also remember that it is the same country which has bestowed immense love, respect and wealth on him. “No country is better than India for Muslims,” Shahnawaz asserted, adding, “Aamir will not get a better country than India to live and a Hindu as his neighbour.''
Congress which has been under scanner for its role in 1984 anti-Sikh riots and many other incidences of communal violence shouldn't advise the nation on tolerance, the BJP leader said. "Aamir makes a comment and Rahul Gandhi supports it. It has become clear from Gandhi's comment that there is a conspiracy going on in the country to defame the nation," the BJP spokesperson said.
Hundreds of activists of the Hindu Sena on Tuesday staged a vociferous demonstration outside the home of Bollywood megastar Aamir Khan protesting against his statements on intolerance.